At Promontory Dental Centre, we provide restorative procedures to help improve the function and appearance of your smile.
What are dental crowns?
A dental crown is a covering that encases the entire tooth surface restoring it to its original shape and size.
Porcelain crowns are highly durable and will last many years, but like most dental restorations, they may eventually need to be replaced.
Why do I need a crown?
- Broken or fractured teeth
- Cosmetic enhancement
- Decayed teeth
- Fractured fillings
- Large fillings
- Tooth has a root canal
What is a dental bridge?
There are several types of bridges. You and your dentist will discuss the best options for your particular case.
The “traditional bridge” is the most popular type and is usually made of porcelain fused to metal.
Why do I need a dental bridge?
- Fill space of missing teeth
- Maintain facial shape
- Prevent remaining teeth from drifting out of position
- Restore chewing and speaking ability
- Restore your smile
- Upgrade from a removable partial denture to a permanent dental appliance